Congress: Do the job or go home
We elect members of Congress and the president to do the job necessary to continue our republic and assure its future for all our progeny. We have, or should have, an expectation of the job getting done and done pragmatically. Those who don't get the job done should come home from Washington, admit their failure and let someone else see if they can do the job. Everyone serving in Congress should watch Jimmy Stewart in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” and get in that frame of mind. Congress spends more time on the irrelevant than the relevant. The people won't tolerate this partisanship much longer.
NewsOK Related Articles
Dennis C. Roberts, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims