Congress: Do the job or go home
We elect members of Congress and the president to do the job necessary to continue our republic and assure its future for all our progeny. We have, or should have, an expectation of the job getting done and done pragmatically. Those who don't get the job done should come home from Washington, admit their failure and let someone else see if they can do the job. Everyone serving in Congress should watch Jimmy Stewart in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” and get in that frame of mind. Congress spends more time on the irrelevant than the relevant. The people won't tolerate this partisanship much longer.
NewsOK Related Articles
Dennis C. Roberts, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area