Oklahoma Water Resources Board executive urges Congress to extend funding drought research
In before a U.S. House of Representatives committee on Wednesday, Oklahoma Water Resources Board Executive Director J.D. Strong urged Congress to extend funding of drought research and data-gathering.
In testimony before a U.S. House of Representatives committee on Wednesday, Oklahoma Water Resources Board Executive Director J.D. Strong urged Congress to extend funding for drought research and data-gathering.
“Oklahoma, like many other southern plains states, is experiencing at least its third major drought episode within just six short years,” Strong told the House Science, Space and Technology...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash