Conn's, Blockbuster closings mean opportunity for retailers in Edmond
Developer Jeff Norman of Oklahoma City-based JAH Realty gave a rundown of Edmond's retail landscape at the annual Edmond Economic Preview.
EDMOND — Two stores in Edmond are going dark in places that won't be hard to replace with retailers looking for opportunities in the metro area, developer Jeff Norman said.
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Blockbuster Video is closing its location southwest of Kelly Avenue and Danforth Road, where it opened in 1999. That's not one of Edmond's top 10 intersections for traffic, according to the Edmond Economic Development Authority. But there is recent retail development nearby, said Norman, president of JAH Realty.
Conn's, an appliance and electronics retailer, is closing its 32,000-square-foot store at 15th and Broadway after three years. That intersection had a 24-hour traffic count of 53,908 last year, according to the EEDA.
Norman, who spoke at the recent Edmond Economic Preview, reported 51 shopping venues with leasable space.
On the small end are 4,162-square-foot Santa Fe Plaza (major tenant: Elements Massage) at 15th and Santa Fe Avenue and Burton Place (major tenant: Popeye's Chicken) with 4,508 square feet at 2320 S Broadway. On the big end are 454,897-square-foot University Plaza (major tenants: Lowe's, SuperTarget) at Second and Bryant and 287,776-square-foot Bryant Square (major tenants: Stein Mart, Old Navy, Ross), also at Second and Bryant.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments