Construction begins on Kevin Durant's restaurant
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
The Hal Smith Restaurant Group has enjoyed a long relationship with Lower Bricktown developer Randy Hogan that dates back to the late 1990s opening of Red Rock Canyon Grill on Hogan's East Wharf development on Lake Hefner.
The restaurant operator oversees about 50 restaurants in seven states with revenues topping $200 million annually. The new KD's will be overseen by Joe Jungman, who also runs the Paseo Grill, Sauced and the Hefner Grill.
Smith said menu prices will range between $8 and $30, with items including Durant favorites — chick satay, popcorn lobster, honey dipped fried chicken, center cut pork chops and shrimp jambalaya.
Smith admitted, a restaurant with Durant's name will quickly draw crowds, but he is dedicated to ensuring patron's will enjoy their total experience at KD's.
“With the name KD, they're going to come,” Smith said. “It will be our job to execute.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort