These construction projects will impede travel on major highways through Sunday for the University of Oklahoma vs. the University of Texas football game at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
For turnpike information, call the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority at 425-3600, or go to pikepass.com.
Transportation Department officials have tried to minimize traffic disturbances for people traveling to and from Dallas for the game. Follow the Oklahoma Department of Transportation on Twitter @OKDOT and Texas DOT @I35Travel.
• East- and westbound Interstate 40 is narrowed to one lane about five miles west of Sayre for a resurfacing project.
• U.S. 412 is narrowed to one lane about two miles west of Hardesty for a bridge rehabilitation project; be alert to temporary signals.
• Significant delays can be expected in the Interstate 35 corridor in the Norman area. Drivers are urged to be alert to reduced speeds, heed warning signs and seek an alternate route if possible.
• North- and southbound I-35 are narrowed to two lanes in each direction from Main Street in Norman to the South Canadian River bridge, south of SH 9 East as part of a bridge project. Use U.S. 77 as an alternate route.
• All ramps at the I-35/Main Street interchange in Norman are closed as part of an interchange project. Drivers are encouraged to exit I-35 at Robinson Street when coming from the north or at Lindsey Street from the south or avoid the area if possible. East- and westbound Main Street remains open.
• Texas Department of Transportation reports that there should be no lane closures on I-35 or major highways between the Oklahoma state line and Dallas.
Drive Your Car on Water + Gas. Convert your car today for only $67.00.