Construction worker hurt in Moore
Authorities said a construction worker was airlifted to OU Medical Center after he was nearly crushed by a piece of heavy machinery in Moore.
MOORE — A construction worker was airlifted to OU Medical Center after he was injured at a water treatment plant in Moore, authorities said.
The worker with Wynn Construction Co. was pinned between the excavation arm of a piece of heavy machinery and a steel plate being used to shore up the walls of a hole about 2:45 p.m. at the water treatment center at 4000 S Interstate 35 Service Road, police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.
Tuesday night, authorities did not confirm what condition the man is in.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction