Construction worker struck by motorist in work zone in Moore
A construction worker in Moore was hit by a car in a work zone at NW 5 and Telephone Road.
MOORE — A construction worker was hit by a motorist who drove into a work zone on a street that was closed to traffic Monday morning, police said.
Danny Felkins, 43, suffered non-life-threatening injuries to his arm, leg and head, police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said. Felkins was taken by ambulance to a hospital, Lewis said.
The driver went down NW 5 although signs indicate the street is closed for construction at Telephone Road, Lewis said. The driver stopped and tried to turn around, hitting the construction worker, he said.
The driver fled the scene, but later called police to turn himself in, Lew
The driver is facing a complaint of leaving the scene of an accident with injury, he said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister