A group of Realtors are coming together and “rethinking what contemporary means in today's market” with the help of architect Catherine Montgomery, owner of The Preservation & Design Studio, and a home tour from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday in north Oklahoma City and Edmond.
The 11 homes, which are for sale, will be open to the public at no charge. For more information, go to www.contemporaryopenhouse.com.
“The resurgence of contemporary homes in today's market has brought with it some confusion as to what is or isn't contemporary,” said Joyce Brown of Metro First Realty, who organized the tour. “The truth is contemporary home styles have evolved and there are many variations. We hope this tour will help clarify some of our local styles.”
The homes are listed from $349,500 to $995,000. They are in the Bocage, Lake Aluma, Quail Creek, Blue Stem Lake, Spring Creek, Hidden Lake, Tall Oaks and Oak Tree neighborhoods.
Tour homes and neighborhoods are:
6916 Cypress Hollow, Hidden Lake, listed by Joyce Brown, Metro First Realty.
• 5720 Oak Tree Road, Oak Tree — Jessica Robinson, Kevo Properties.
154 Lake Aluma Drive, Lake Aluma — Mariana Lloyd, Keller Williams Central.
• 11305 Spring Creek Road, Spring Creek — Simon Shingleton, Keller Williams Elite.
11104 Blue Stem Back Road, Blue Stem Lake — Amy Denner, Churchill-Brown & Associates.
• 11601 Twisted Oak Road, Quail Creek — Ardi Jones, RE/MAX Twin Rivers.
12405 Bocage Drive, Bocage — Barbara Harris, Prudential Alliance.
• 1301 Oak Tree Drive, Oak Tree — Laurie Patterson, Keller Williams Central.
3417 Barberry Court, Tall Oaks — Susan Munkres, Churchill-Brown & Associates.
• 12516 Maple Ridge Road, Quail Creek — Cathy McCown, Churchill-Brown & Associates.
2005 Westridge Drive, Tall Oaks — Mary Jekyl, Keller Williams Central.