The Associated General Contractors of Oklahoma-Building Chapter presented its annual Build Oklahoma Project Awards, representing the “Best of the Best” commercial-industrial building projects for 2012, recently at the 73rd annual awards banquet at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa.
An independent panel of judges reviewed nominations and made selections based upon strict criteria.
Awards were considered for new construction and renovation, with small and large projects considered equally.
A project's uniqueness, degree of difficulty, delivery methods, timeliness and high standards of construction mark them as Build Oklahoma winners.
Winning contractors and projects by category and cost range were:
• Up to $2 million — Hixon Construction Co. LLC: B.G. Products/Lubrication Specialists Inc., Oklahoma City.
• $2 million to $5 million — Lippert Bros. Inc.: Immanuel Baptist Church youth addition, Shawnee.
• Up to $2 million — Lippert Bros. Inc.: Dale Public Schools new cafeteria and classroom, Dale.
• $2 million to $5 million — Barbour & Short Inc.: Financial Center, Norman.
• $5 million to $10 million — Crossland Construction Co. Inc.: Educare III, Tulsa.
• $10 million to $25 million — Key Construction Oklahoma LLC: University of Tulsa-Stephenson Hall, Tulsa.
• $25 million and up — CMSWillowbrook: Francis Tuttle Master Plan 2010, Oklahoma City.
Renovation and remodel
• Up to $2 million — Globe Construction Co.: Association of Oklahoma General Contractors office renovation, Oklahoma City.
• $2 million to $5 million — Lambert Construction Co.: McBride Orthopedic Hospital operating room addition, Oklahoma City.
• $5 million to $10 million — Timberlake Construction Co. Inc.: Enterprise Data Center, Oklahoma City.
• $10 million to $25 million — Manhattan Construction Co.: Tulsa International Airport Concourse B renovation, Tulsa.
• $25 million and up — Flintco LLC: First Presbyterian Church renovation and expansion, Tulsa.
• Up to $2 million — Globe Construction Co.: Rose State College, HES Building new sign and entry, Midwest City.
• $2 million to $5 million — Key Construction Oklahoma LLC: Donald W. Reynolds Family Safety Center, Claremore.
• $5 million to $10 million — Atlas General Contractors LLC: Northwest Library, Oklahoma City.
• $10 million to $25 million — Atlas General Contractors LLC: Moore Norman Technical Center-Information Technology Building, Norman.
• $25 million and up — Manhattan Construction Co.: Chesapeake Energy Arena-Phase C, Oklahoma City.
• Automation Integrated LLC: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Enterprise Data Center-Critical Facilities Monitoring Systems, Oklahoma City.
• Bennett Steel Inc.: Guthrie Green, Tulsa.
• Burgess Co.: First Presbyterian Church, Tulsa.
• Cantera Concrete Co. LLC: Tulsa Paper Co. Buildings, Tulsa.
• Chamberlain Roofing & Waterproofing: Devon Energy World Headquarters, Oklahoma City.
• Nail Commercial Interiors LLC: Chesapeake Energy-Building 12, Oklahoma City.
• Oil Capital Electric: Montereau in Warren Woods-Phase II, Tulsa.