The Associated General Contractors of Oklahoma-Building Chapter presented its annual Build Oklahoma Project Awards, representing the “Best of the Best” commercial-industrial building projects for 2012, recently at the 73rd annual awards banquet at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa.
An independent panel of judges reviewed nominations and made selections based upon strict criteria.
Awards were considered for new construction and renovation, with small and large projects considered equally.
A project's uniqueness, degree of difficulty, delivery methods, timeliness and high standards of construction mark them as Build Oklahoma winners.
Winning contractors and projects by category and cost range were:
• Up to $2 million — Hixon Construction Co. LLC: B.G. Products/Lubrication Specialists Inc., Oklahoma City.
• $2 million to $5 million — Lippert Bros. Inc.: Immanuel Baptist Church youth addition, Shawnee.
• Up to $2 million — Lippert Bros. Inc.: Dale Public Schools new cafeteria and classroom, Dale.
• $2 million to $5 million — Barbour & Short Inc.: Financial Center, Norman.
• $5 million to $10 million — Crossland Construction Co. Inc.: Educare III, Tulsa.
• $10 million to $25 million — Key Construction Oklahoma LLC: University of Tulsa-Stephenson Hall, Tulsa.
• $25 million and up — CMSWillowbrook: Francis Tuttle Master Plan 2010, Oklahoma City.
Renovation and remodel
• Up to $2 million — Globe Construction Co.: Association of Oklahoma General Contractors office renovation, Oklahoma City.