Converting From Oil Heat to Gas Heat
4. It might be cheaper to buy a smaller, Energy Star certified oil burner than to convert from oil heat to gas heat. Old oil boilers in older houses tend to be larger than necessary, and not as efficient as newer, greener oil boilers. According to EnergyStar.gov, new combustion technologies allow new oil boilers to get more heat from the fuel. New Energy Star oil boilers run in the $3000 - $6000 range. Hire an HVAC contractor to install it for you, and your investment is still less than converting from oil heat to gas heat.
Have you converted from oil heat to gas heat? Was it worth it? Please tell us.
Chaya Kurtz writes for Networx.com.View original post.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad