Convicted killer escapes east Oklahoma prison
STRINGTOWN— Authorities are searching for a convicted killer who escaped a prison in eastern Oklahoma.
STRINGTOWN — Authorities are searching for a convicted killer who escaped a prison in eastern Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Department of Corrections says 29-year-old Jason Bales was last seen at about 7:15 a.m. Monday at the Mack Alford Correctional Facility in Stringtown where he was serving life without parole for the 2006 killing of his girlfriend's mother, Stepheny Glass. Authorities say Glass was strangled before her body was doused with acid and buried in a shallow grave in southwest Oklahoma City.
NewsOK Related Articles
DOC spokesman Jerry Massie said Tuesday that investigators are not certain how Bales escaped — but said the fence around the prison was not cut and there was no blood on the razor wire to indicate Bales had climbed over the fence.
The DOC says Bales is considered armed and dangerous.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments