Convicted sex offender escapes from Oklahoma prison
Daniel W. Galloway, 37, escaped Monday night from the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center and remained at large Tuesday, authorities said.
McALESTER — A convicted sex offender escaped Monday night from the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center and remained at large Tuesday, Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said.
Daniel W. Galloway, 37, was serving time at the minimum-security McAlester prison on a Mayes County conviction for failing to notify authorities of an address change as is required for sex offenders. He previously was convicted and sent to prison on rape and sodomy charges out of Lincoln County.
A pickup was stolen in Pittsburg County after Galloway escaped from the prison about 8:30 p.m. and there is a chance he could be using the vehicle, sheriff's deputies said.
The pickup is described as a 1998 white GMC extended cab with the license plate 844 LBF.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'