EDMOND — About $100,000 worth of copper wiring has been reported stolen from the charred remains of the Stratford House Inns, Edmond police reported.
The motel at 3020 S Broadway was destroyed by fire May 30. The Oklahoma County assessor valued the 18,109-square-foot motel at $1.2 million.
The owner told police someone removed the copper wire from the air conditioning units of nearly all the hotel rooms.
In some rooms, the thieves tore large holes in the walls to gain access to the copper wiring.
Also taken were 10 pillow cases, two computers and a large television, the report states.
The thefts happened about a month ago, and the owner made the report to police Wednesday. The owner, who was not named in the report, said he is trying to settle with the insurance company. He said he had been out of town and forgot about filing the report until Wednesday.