Corn advances in light trading before reports
Trading in other metals was mixed.
March silver rose 38.30 cents to $30.4650. Platinum for April rose $26.90 to $1,583.20. March copper rose 0.6 cents to $3.6720 a pound and palladium for March delivery fell $2.15 to $667.85 an ounce.
Benchmark oil fell 4 cents to finish at $93.15 a barrel in New York. The price rose close to $94 early in the day but slumped later.
In other energy trading, wholesale gasoline rose 1.7 cents to end at $2.7944 a gallon, heating oil rose 2.64 cents to finish at $3.0585 a gallon and natural gas for February fell 4.8 cents to end at $3.2180 a gallon.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort