Cornett delivers 2013 State of City address
A list of positive economic and quality of life rankings from various national publications were recited Thursday by Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett to a record crowd at the annual State of the City address.
Videoview all videos
Jan 24Mayor Mick Cornett delivers the 2013 State of the City...
Cornett said he believes design on the first wellness center could begin this year. He also said trails expansions are set to begin with a connection trail from the Oklahoma River to Lake Overholser.
Cornett estimated “hundreds of miles” of sidewalks will be built thanks to a combination of funding from MAPS 3 and city bond issues. He reminded attendees that site acquisition is under way for a new convention center and transit hub; engineers are looking at possible streetcar routes; and work is under way on improvements along the Oklahoma River. He said architects also are about to be hired to design a $60 million exposition center at State Fair Park.
Cornett — in his third term as Oklahoma City's mayor — delivered the address for the ninth time in its 13-year history. He's the fourth mayor of Oklahoma City to serve three terms.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims