Corrections agency works to come up with $2M
The Oklahoma Corrections Department is struggling to come up with a $2 million legislatively mandated increase in payments to private prisons and halfway houses.
Senate Bill 1988, by Sen. Clark Jolley, R-Edmond, and Rep. Earl Sears, R-Bartlesville, was passed in the waning days of the legislative session.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law