Cotton Bowl: Getting to know Kevin Sumlin's Texas A&M staff
OKLAHOMA VS. TEXAS A&M — A look at the coaching staff that helped Kevin Sumlin stage such a remarkable success story in A&M's maiden season in the SEC.
Photoview all 35 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Special teams coordinator Brian Polian is the son of former Colts general manager Bill Polian, and graduate assistant coach Klint Kubiak is the son of Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak.
Brian Polian, 38, was special teams coordinator at Stanford the previous two seasons and at Notre Dame the two years before that. He's also coached at Central Florida, Buffalo U.
Klint Kubiak is in his third year as an A&M graduate assistant. He played at Colorado State.
How many staff members followed Sumlin from the University of Houston?
Five. McKinney, offensive line coach B.J. Anderson, strength and conditioning coach Larry Jackson, associate athletic director Justin Moore and recruiting director Kenny Bell worked for Sumlin in Houston and followed him to A&M.
How much Southeastern Conference experience did Sumlin's staff have?
Very little, outside of defensive line coach Terry Price. Price coached at Ole Miss 1995-98 and 2009-11, and at Auburn 1999-08.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation