Cotton Bowl: Getting to know Kevin Sumlin's Texas A&M staff
OKLAHOMA VS. TEXAS A&M — A look at the coaching staff that helped Kevin Sumlin stage such a remarkable success story in A&M's maiden season in the SEC.
In his first season as Texas A&M's head coach, Kevin Sumlin has coached the Aggies to a 10-2 record, the No. 9 national ranking and a Cotton Bowl berth against OU.
Photoview all 35 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
What kind of coaching staff helped Sumlin stage such a remarkable success story in A&M's maiden season in the Southeastern Conference? Here are five questions that shed some light on the staff that OU will oppose in the Cotton Bowl.
Who will replace offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, the new head coach at Texas Tech, for the Cotton Bowl?
Running backs coach Clarence McKinney. Sumlin will hire a permanent replacement later. But for now, McKinney will coordinate the Aggie offense. Receivers coach David Beaty will coach the quarterbacks. McKinney was head coach at Houston Yates High School from 2005-07, then joined Sumlin's Houston U. staff.
What is the background of A&M defensive coordinator Mark Snyder?
Snyder grew up in Ironton, Ohio and went to Marshall University. Snyder coached at Central Florida for two seasons, then joined Jim Tressel's staff at Youngstown State. Snyder eventually spent 10 years with Tressel, the final four at Ohio State, including defensive coordinator in 2004.
Snyder became Marshall's head coach in 2005, and in five years went 22-37. Snyder spent the past two seasons as defensive coordinator at South Florida.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort