Cotton Bowl: Texas A&M caps successful inaugural season in SEC with win over Oklahoma
Videoview all videos
Jan 5Johnny Manziel proved far too fast and elusive for the...
Jan 5Jason Kersey and Jenni Carlson break down the 2013 AT&T...
Photoview all 78 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But the offense in the Cotton Bowl wasn't the exact same offense the Aggies had used all season.
With Kliff Kingsbury having left Texas A&M to take the head coaching job at Texas Tech, Clarence McKinney took over the play-calling duties.
The results were the same — lots of Manziel yards on the ground and through the air and lots of A&M points — but the method was slightly different.
“There was a little bit more misdirection,” Sumlin said. “Continuity is important for what we do. Him calling plays tonight, obviously you can call plays randomly but unless players believe in it, it doesn't really matter.”
The result was A&M turning in one of its most dominant performances of the season and its showcase player turning in another spectacular game.
“We came and played one of our best games all year today,” Manziel said. “I'm not really worried about the future and all that right now. I'm really enjoying this.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law