• Discuss finances with everyone contributing to the event and set a budget.
• Set the date and ceremony/reception locations.
• Establish a guest list.
• Start thinking about the style and theme of your wedding.
• Start shopping for a gown.
6-9 months before
• Mail out Save-the-Dates
• Interview and book your vendors; don’t forget to get a signed contract.
• Choose your attendants; shop for their dresses.
• Order your stationery.
• Start looking into honeymoon locales.
• Register for gifts.
4-6 months before
• Book your hair/makeup help.
• Plan the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
• Shop for wedding bands.
• Reserve a block of hotel rooms for your guests.
• Finalize your honeymoon plans.
2-4 months before
• Buy attendants’ gifts.
• Get the men’s fashions in order.
• Choose readings/music for the ceremony.