Couple is found dead in Okfuskee County
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents are investigating a double homicide near Boley. The bodies of a married couple, Denver Holloway, 54, and Martha Holloway, 53, were found Monday in their home.
BOLEY — A husband and wife found apparently slain at their rural Okfuskee County home were “the kind of people you want your kids to marry,” a family member said Tuesday.
Denver Holloway, 54, and Martha Holloway, 53, were found dead Monday afternoon inside their home about a half-mile west and two miles south of Boley on State Highway 62, said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
OSBI agents were working the case at the request of the Okfuskee County sheriff. Wounds to the Holloways' bodies were consistent with homicide, but authorities did not say how they were killed.
Ott Johnson, Denver Holloway's uncle, said his nephew was a soft-spoken man who managed a ranch and had previously worked as a mechanic and a farm manager.
“That's what he likes,” Johnson said. “You never would have put him in an office.”
Martha Holloway grew up in Arpelar, outside McAlester, and was a small-town girl through-and-through, Johnson said.
“She was just a fun, hardworking girl,” Johnson said.
OSBI agents, sheriff's deputies and an investigator with the Okfuskee County district attorney's office were investigating. Anyone with information can call the OSBI at (800) 522-8017.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater