Oklahoma couple find image of Virgin Mary in shower tile
An image of the Virgin Mary is in Carol Burrell's bathroom. A remodeling project included new tiles; one shows the figure of the Virgin Mary.
MOORE — When Carol Burrell's husband told her he'd seen the image of the Virgin Mary on a tile on their bathroom wall, she had the reaction you'd expect.
She sighed: “Oh, go on.”
But Carol's husband, Gary, convinced her he wasn't crazy. She relented and they went to the bathroom to see.
There she was, the Mother of God, hanging out in the Burrells' shower.
“It stood right out,” Carol said.
Gary recently had retiled their shower with 3-inch stone tiles with slightly different shades and textures. Gary does remodeling for a living. He has an uncanny knack for seeing things, like how projects will look or what problems may arise, his wife said.
“He sees things that a lot of people don't see,” she said. “He has an imagination.”
Carol said her husband didn't notice the image of Mary while he was tiling the shower. Otherwise, she said, he would have given her a better spot.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in