Couple made bomb threats on Governor's Mansion to get back at ex-girlfriend, Oklahoma court records show
Eric Randolph Thompson, 45, of Oklahoma City, and Whittni Nikole Butts, 18, of Dover, were arrested on complaints of threatening to use a bomb to unlawfully damage real property and false impersonation.
An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper interviewed King, who showed him text messages from Thompson that implied Butts and Thompson wanted to get even with her. The patrol, which provides security for the governor, is the agency that investigated the threats.
Both Thompson and Butts told troopers they made the bomb threats to get King in trouble, according to the affidavit.
Troopers arrested both of them on complaints of threatening to use a bomb to unlawfully damage real property and false impersonation of another.
Butts was booked into the Oklahoma County jail at 10:30 p.m. Friday and was released Sunday on $12,000 bail. Thompson was booked about 2:30 a.m. Saturday and is being held without bail, according to jail records.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims