Rep. Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s running mate, has strong Oklahoma ties
Rep. Paul Ryan married into an Oklahoma family whose roots precede statehood, and he tries to catch catfish with his bare hands on some of his visits to the southern part of the state
WASHINGTON — Rep. Paul Ryan may be best known here as a budget wonk, but he has a hobby probably few know about — catching catfish in Oklahoma with his bare hands. And his dogs are named Boomer and Sooner.
The Wisconsin Republican, now the running mate for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, has made frequent trips to Oklahoma for more than a decade, since marrying Madill native...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday