Court's 2-run single lifts D-backs past White Sox
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Ryan Court hit a tiebreaking two-run single against Dylan Axelrod in the eighth inning to lift the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.
Arizona starter Brandon McCarthy gave up 10 hits but only two runs over six innings. McCarthy allowed a home run to Jordan Danks, who continued his torrid pace with two hits. After a horrendous start, Danks has 12 hits in his last 17 at-bats, although he remains a long shot to make the Opening Day roster.
Jeff Keppinger was 2 for 2 and is 14 for 28 this spring for the White Sox.
A.J. Pollock homered against White Sox starter Gavin Floyd leading off the second inning. Floyd allowed two runs and seven hits over five innings.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?