Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
/> The Kingfisher County tailgate was the idea of Derrick Wolf, who along with buddy Rodney Schaeffer started organizing it several years ago. Now, Bart, Derrick and Rodney plan for at least 100 folks each week — as long as their isn’t wheat to be sold. Inside his smoker you’ll find jalapeno poppers, Cowboy meatloaf, burgers, dogs, brisket, pork and the coup d’gras: The Bacon Explosion, which amounts to a loaf of raw sausage wrapped by crisscrossed bacon strips. Warning to the OU tailgater chosen for the upcoming Bedlam Tailgating Showdown: If your opponent is wearing what can be described as a topless cowboy hat or a cowboy visor, bring you’re A-game.
Cowboy Tailgating: Kingfisher Tailgate
When a bunch with roots to Kingfisher County decided they needed to set up a proper tailgate, the decision to turn to Bart Towne, OSU Class of 1985, was easy as 1-2-3.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister