Cowboys-Redskins earns top NBC Sunday night rating
NEW YORK (AP) — The Redskins' victory over the Cowboys with a playoff berth on the line was the highest-rated "Sunday Night Football" game since NBC picked up the package in 2006.
Washington won the regular-season finale 28-18 to clinch the NFC East and eliminate archrival Dallas from playoff contention. The network said Thursday that the game received a 17 rating and 27 share. The 30.3 million viewers were up 10 percent from the previous record for last year's Cowboys-Giants game in the same slot with the same stakes, which wasn't as close.
Ratings measure the percentage of homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of those with TVs in use at the time.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say