Oklahoma State basketball: Cowgirls roll past Texas-Pan American
STILLWATER — The game was fewer than two minutes old, and Jim Littell had already seen enough.
The Oklahoma State women's basketball coach called timeout following a sluggish start from his Cowgirls. They had turned it over on their first three possessions and hadn't gotten a shot off. They weren't playing good enough defense against Texas-Pan American.
But the No. 21 Cowgirls quickly turned things around after that, rolling to a 96-42 victory Tuesday night at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
“(Littell's) really emphasized coming out hard at the beginning, because you can lose the game in the first five minutes,” OSU forward Toni Young said. “We came out a little soft, but after we got that good talking (to), we straightened up fast.”
Tuesday's offensive performance was the third time in four games OSU (4-0) has scored at least 90 points.
And it continues to use a balanced attack, as seven players finished in double figures. Liz Donohoe led all scorers with 19 points, while Tiffany Bias had 15, Young had 13, Brittney Martin and LaShawn Jones each had 12, Lindsey Keller had 11 and Kendra Suttles had 10.
“Our team is starting to take pride in that,” Littell said. “That's the way we're going to be a good basketball team, as long as we keep sharing the basketball.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort