Cox to begin carrying Fox College Sports channels
Cox Communications plans to launch Fox College Sports on channels 271, 272 and 273 on Thursday, the company has announced. FCS will be available to customers who subscribe to the Sports & Information Pak.
FCS has three regional channels, FCS Central (271), FCS Atlantic (272) and FCS Pacific (273), which each will provide 24 hours of college sports programming each day. The network carries more than 900 live sporting events each year, including football, basketball, baseball, men's and women's soccer, wrestling and other NCAA sports. In addition, FCS has access to some of the country's top coaches' shows.
Cox spokesman Christine Martin said FCS is not available in high definition.
* FSN will nationally televise the TCU at Oklahoma State game at 2:30 p.m. Saturday with announcers Joel Meyers, Brian Baldinger and Jim Knox.
* With Fox airing the World Series on Saturday night, its main college football game will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday as Kansas State hosts Texas Tech. Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Julie Alexandria will call the game.
* CBS analyst Phil Simms, who will be the analyst on the St. Louis Rams vs. New England game at noon Sunday from London, has high praise for former OU quarterback Sam Bradford: “Sam Bradford is one of the purest throwers in the NFL. If you give him time and he gets somebody even remotely open down the field, he will hit them. Very seldom does he miss an open receiver when the conditions are good. ... If the Patriots don't get a pass rush on him, he's going to be dangerous out there.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers