Crackdown on prostitution nets 44 arrests in Oklahoma City
A three-day prostitution sting resulted in the arrest of 44 people in Oklahoma City, police reported the arrests Monday.
A three-day prostitution sting resulted in 44 arrests in Oklahoma City, police reported Monday.
The sting was a joint effort between Oklahoma City police, the FBI and the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drug Control's human trafficking unit.
Arrests were made Thursday, Friday and Saturday in an area of S Robinson Avenue known for prostitution and through Internet investigations, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims