Crash on I-40 in Midwest City claims life of Del City man
A man from Del City died in a crash Sunday night. The crash was in Midwest City on Interstate 40.
MIDWEST CITY – A Del City man died in a crash on Interstate 40 late Sunday, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
Hal Edward O'Connor Jr., 30, was dead at the scene of a crash at 11 p.m. at SE 29 in the westbound lanes of I-40, the patrol reports.
The patrol reports O'Connor lost control of his car and struck the center barrier. The car rode on top of the barrier wall for about 400 feet and then hit a bridge abutment.
O'Connor was driving at an unsafe speed at the time of the crash, the patrol reports. He was wearing his seat belt, the patrol reports.
Both directions of I-40 were shut down due to the crash. The interstate reopened about 2:10 a.m., the patrol reports.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort