Creative Ways To Use Branches, Twigs, and Sticks
5. You can use larger branches to build a beautiful, nature-inspired decorative head board for your bed. Just use a piece of plywood as a the backing, then screw or glue the branches either vertically, horizontally, or if you feel up to it, in a random patchwork pattern for a more artistic take.
6. So obvious I almost consider it cheating to include this, but here goes: use a relatively straight tree branch as a stand-in for a curtain rod.
7. You can make a lovely display by gluing smaller branches or twigs around the outside of a vessel. Use a coffee can or soup can and you’ve got a pretty vase to use as a holiday centerpiece. Use a glass mason jar and you’ve got yourself a lovely candle holder, perfect for little tea lights. These would look great along a mantle or appetizer table.
8. And speaking of the holidays, why not take a few long, thin branches and arrange them artfully in a large vase. Then, you can hang a select few carefully placed ornaments, for an all natural, minimalist-modern holiday feel.
What’s your favorite way to bring a bit of nature into your home? Please share in the comments below!View original post.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort