Crime roundup: Police Taser woman carrying hunting knife at Oklahoma City park
Oklahoma City police reports released Friday detail arrests including a woman who was carrying a hunting knife around a group of children at a city park, a man with a shank who said he wanted to kill cops and suck their blood, and a woman who walked topless down a busy Oklahoma City street.
Police used a Taser to subdue a woman carrying a hunting knife near a group of children at an Oklahoma City park and sprayground this week.
Sabrina Marie Maynahonah, 37, was arrested on complaints of assault with a deadly weapon, interfering with an official process, disorderly conduct and trespassing about 7 p.m. Thursday at McKinley Park, 1630 NW 13.
According to a police report, someone called 911 to report a woman with a knife at the park. When officers arrived they found a woman matching the caller's description standing in the sprayground. The woman, later identified as Maynahonah, stared at officers and then smiled as she removed a hunting knife from her jacket, the report stated.
Police could not use their Tasers at first because at least a dozen children were standing nearby in the water and they feared the shock would hurt others. Officers struggled with Maynahonah until they got her out of the water and away from the children. One of the officers then used his Taser.
Maynahonah was wearing several layers of clothing that kept the Taser from working as intended, but it did knock her to the ground and allow officers to take her into custody.
She was taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
In other crime news:
A man was arrested after police found a homemade knife in his pants, which he said he planned to use to “kill cops and suck the blood out of their jugular veins,” according to a report released Friday
Brian Keith Baker, 44, was arrested about 12:40 p.m. Tuesday on complaints of carrying a concealed weapon and public drunkenness. According to a police report, officers were called to the Family Dollar store at 1429 SW 29 because a man standing in front of the store was grabbing and scaring customers.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister