Cris Collinsworth to call his second Super Bowl
Former Bengals wide receiver didn't fare well as a player in the game
For its “Hometown Hero” segment on the six-hour pregame show (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.), an NBC production team visited Oklahoma City to report on Wes Welker, a former Heritage Hall High School star. Other players featured are Manning and Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants, and Brady and Aaron Hernandez of the Patriots. Producers interviewed people who made an early impact on their lives, including former coaches, teachers and friends.
In a “Behind the Quarterbacks” segment, NBC interviewed Eli Manning's parents, Archie and Olivia, and Tom Martinez, who has served as Tom Brady's mentor since high school.
Among others scheduled to be interviewed will be President Barack Obama, halftime entertainer Madonna, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and both quarterbacks and head coaches.
Bob Costas will serve as pregame host. Super Bowl MVPs Aaron Rodgers and Hines Ward will be guest analysts.
— NBC charged $3.5 million for a 30-second commercial, up 17 percent from last year. As the sole beer sponsor, Anheuser-Busch will run six commercials over 4½ minutes.
— Studio analyst Rodney Harrison, a former Patriots defensive back, said he still could be objective in his commentary. “I've criticized (Bill) Belichick, and the defensive backs from the Patriots as well as I've been complimentary at times to that team. That's my nature. If I feel something, I'll let you know it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers