Cris joins Galatasaray after being Lyon lynchpin
LYON, France (AP) — Veteran Brazilian defender Cris has left Lyon to join Turkish club Galatasaray on a one-year deal.
Lyon said on its website late Monday that the 35-year-old Cris has the option to sign for another year at the end of the season.
Cris joined Lyon in 2004 from Brazilian club Cruzeiro and helped the club win four league titles and two French Cups. The French club said in a statement that Cris is welcome to rejoin the club in another capacity once his playing career is finished.
Cris played 225 league games for Lyon, scoring 20 goals, and also helped the club reach the quarterfinals and semifinals of the Champions League.
The French transfer window ends on Tuesday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in