Cross country notebook: Alex Davis, Regan Ward finish 1-2 at Cowboy Jamboree
Alex Davis of Plainview and Regan Ward of Beggs, finished first and second in the 3A and below division of the Cowboy Jamboree last Saturday in Stillwater.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Both Helms and Smith finished behind Sapulpa's Abby Hoover, who placed third. Hoover was 21st at last year's 6A state cross country meet.
Jenks won the team title, while Norman North was third.
FORMER HUSKIE WINS
Former Edmond North runner Hannah Helker, a sophomore at Oklahoma Baptist University, won the 5K college division of the Cowboy Jamboree with a time of 18:15, finishing ahead of more than 200 competitors.
WAHPEPAH-HARRIS, SHOOK POST TOP 10 FINISHES
Norman's Mackenzie Wahpepah-Harris finished eighth and Edmond Memorial's Alex Shook was 10th at the Cowboy Jamboree, but they were not the top Oklahoma runners. Three Tulsa area runners finished ahead of them.
As a team, Edmond North placed third while Edmond Memorial was fifth. Bentonville, Ark., captured the team crown while Jenks was second.
OTHER TOP FINISHES
In the girls' 4A-5A division of the Cowboy Jamboree, Audrey Campbell of Mount St. Mary placed fifth and Lauren Roberts of Heritage Hall was eighth. Chandler's Chris Lowery won the boys' 3A and under division while Colton Green of Henryetta was second.
SAVAGES SWEEP ROCK CREEK INVITATIONAL
Tecumseh cross country swept the Rock Creek Invitational Tuesday in Sulphur as both the boys and girls squads won the team titles,
Tecumseh's boys had three of the top four finishers, with Logan Funderburk, Ricky Miranda and Duane Coleman finished first, second and fourth, respectively.
On the girls' side, freshman Tessa Potter finished second and freshman Taylor Williams finished second and third.
Sulphur's Ashley Hughes captured the individual girls' crown.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in