Dad defends chemist at center of Mass. lab scandal
BOSTON (AP) — The father of the chemist at the center of a scandal at a Massachusetts drug lab is defending her, saying no one has heard her side of the story.
Annie Dookhan has been accused of deliberately mishandling drug samples at a former Department of Public Health lab in Boston, potentially affecting thousands of cases. The revelations prompted the shutdown of the lab.
In a brief interview Saturday outside his home in Kissimmee, Fla., her father, Rasheed Khan, told The Associated Press that his daughter was "bullied and abused." He did not say by whom and declined to speak further to a reporter.
State police discovered the extent of problems after taking over the lab in July. They say the chemist failed to follow testing protocols and purposely mishandled evidence.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss