The Dallas Cowboys remain Oklahoma City's most popular NFL team, according to Nielsen ratings compiled for the 2010 season. The Cowboys averaged a 14.1 rating for 16 telecasts, down from 14.4 in 2009.
The Minnesota Vikings finished second with a 12.9 average for 10 telecasts, followed by the St. Louis Rams with a 12.4 average for 11 telecasts and the Kansas City Chiefs, an 8.1 average for eight telecasts.
Led by former OU quarterback Sam Bradford, the Rams finished strong with an 18.7 in their season finale against Seattle on NBC. Next season they likely will overtake the Vikings, who had only two telecasts here in the final seven weeks of the season.
* KSBI-52 has picked up a package of six Big 12 men's basketball games — Kansas at Colorado, Jan. 25; Nebraska at Kansas State, Feb. 2; Nebraska at Baylor, Feb. 9; Iowa State at Texas A&M, Feb. 16; Iowa State at Texas, Feb. 22; and Missouri at Nebraska, March 1. All games will air at 7 p.m.
* NBA TV will present a sit-down conversation with Hall of Famers Bill Russell, Julius Erving, Bill Walton, and Bob Lanier when it premieres “NBA Roundtable: Legends Journeys” at 5:30 p.m. today.
* ESPN2's Big Monday women's basketball series debuts Monday No. 2 Connecticut at No. 11 North Carolina at 6 p.m. No. 15 OU travels to Connecticut on Feb. 14.
* Longtime ESPN analyst Dick Vitale, 71, has reached a new contract extension through the 2014-2015 season.
* ESPN will carry three baseball games on Opening Day on Thursday, March 31 — Detroit at New York Yankees at noon, San Diego at St. Louis at 3 p.m. and San Francisco at Los Angeles Dodgers at 7 p.m.
* The Yankees are featured twice in April on ESPN's Sunday night baseball package, traveling to Boston on April 10 and hosting Texas on April 17. Other telecasts include San Franciso-L.A. Dodgers on April 3 and Cincinnati at St. Louis on April 24.
* The basketball version of ESPN's “College GameDay” will return this season Saturday from Knoxville, Tenn., site of the Tennessee Volunteers men's and women's teams hosting Vanderbilt at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., respectively on ESPN. “College GameDay” is hosted by Rece Davis with analysts Jay Bilas, Digger Phelps, Hubert Davis and Bob Knight.
* ESPN's Brent Musburger has been elected to the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Hall of Fame, along with baseball announcer Bob Uecker and Bob Ryan, the 42-year veteran of the Boston Globe. ESPN's Mike Tirico has been named 2010 National Sportscaster of the Year.