Dan Beebe: Big 12 landscape wasn't clear until Monday
"Texas has a lot of influence," he said. "But I think you have to also look at Texas A&M and Oklahoma. They were hotly pursued by a number of conferences. Their value, based on their marketplace, history, were desirable. Frankly, they could have left for a guaranteed situation.
"One of the misnomers is this all about money. They are committed to this conference for more reasons than that."
Beebe said he doubted the conference would pursue expansion, and that he was unsure if the league would petition the NCAA for permission to hold a championship game.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers