Dan Gordon explains Twitter’s early days in OKC
If you keep up with Oklahoma City’s social circle on Twitter, you probably follow or at least know of Dan Gordon.
The fourth generation jeweler has more than 10,800 followers and seems to be the man with all of the answers.
If you have a question about something OKC-related, chances are he has an answer or can put you in touch with someone who does.
And when he’s not discussing social apps and city issues online, he’s running Samuel Gordon Jewelers at 5521 N Pennsylvania Avenue.
It also turns out that he was an early adapter of Twitter and has a lot of knowledge about the history of tweetup meetings in Oklahoma City.
“I’ve made friendships, relationships, customers… that might be one of the reasons people ask me about stuff is because I try every new thing that I think I’ll get personal or business satisfaction from,” Gordon said.
Gordon started working at his family’s business in 1996 with a personal goal – to offer something that other employees couldn’t.
“I saw how you could chat. I saw how you could have an email address and send pictures. I saw how you could chat in a chat room with people,” he said. “I told myself, ‘this is going to change everything.’
“I’m going to build our business using this new tool.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients