Danny Hope is on Berry Tramel's hot seat
National college pregame: Purdue coach needs a win in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl on Tuesday to avoid a losing season
Danny Hope was Howard Schnellenberger's offensive line coach at OU in 1995. Then Hope was gone, along with the Colonel and the rest of his staff.
NewsOK Related Articles
Hope re-emerged on Joe Tiller's staff at Purdue and helped make the Boilermakers relevant in the Big Ten. Hope eventually was named Purdue's head-coach designate and now is three years into his own head coaching career.
It's not going well. Purdue gave Hope a two-year contract extension on Friday, but that is believed to be cosmetic. Hope is 15-21 in three years at West Lafayette, Ind., despite going 4-4 in the Big Ten both this season and in 2009.
The Boilermakers upset Ohio State 26-23 in overtime on Nov. 12, for their only notable victory this year.
Purdue plays Western Michigan in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl on Tuesday. A loss would send Purdue to its fourth straight losing season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena