Darryl Dawkins broke new ground, and rims, with 76ers
PHILADELPHIA — It would be hard to find someone who had more fun playing basketball than Darryl Dawkins.
There are few athletes who played in this town who, with the mere mention of their name, would bring a smile to your face. Chocolate Thunder, as Stevie Wonder dubbed him, was one of a kind.
NewsOK Related Articles
There are those who say he never reached his potential. That when the Sixers made him the fifth pick in the 1975 draft, they expected greatness from him. That, we came to learn, was not in...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena