Dates announced for Tree Photo Contest in Norman
The Norman Park Foundation has announced dates for the annual Tree Photo Contest, which carries $2,000 in prizes and features a juried show.
NORMAN — The Norman Park Foundation has announced dates for its annual Tree Photo Contest. All professional and amateur photographers in the metro area are invited to participate.
Cash prizes totaling $2,000 will be awarded to the winning professional and amateur photographs that include Oklahoma trees in color or black and white.
Framed photographs will be accepted at Legend's Times Two, 1333 W Lindsey St., between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Nov. 5. The juried show will hang at First Fidelity Bank, Main Street and Peters Avenue, from Nov. 12 to Dec. 14. Cash prizes will be awarded at a reception from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
“We wanted to announce the contest dates as early as possible this year so photographers can be thinking about it and taking pictures for possible entries. We hope to have record-level community participation this year in the event,” said Joe Sparks, foundation board member.
Oklahoma trees, he said, “have to survive ice storms, tornadic winds and extreme heat. They deserve our attention for all they do for us in mitigating heat, absorbing stormwater and making Oklahoma beautiful.”
For more information about the contest, call Sparks at 364-7152 or Joyce Pitchlynn at 360-2698.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort