David Beckham training with Arsenal to keep fit
LONDON (AP) — David Beckham is training with Arsenal as he considers his playing future.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says the former England captain called to ask if he could work on his fitness at the club's training base outside London.
Beckham is without a club after leaving the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer.
Wenger stressed Tuesday that Beckham is only training with Arsenal and will not be signing with the club.
Wenger says "he has asked to come here and to work on his fitness.'
The manager says it's "purely for fitness" and "there's no speculation about signing or anything."
The 37-year-old Beckham, a former Manchester United star, is mulling offers from clubs around the world after leaving the Galaxy at the end of a six-year stint in the MLS.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments