Davidson man, 42, dies in camper fire
DAVIDSON, Okla. — Authorities in Tillman County say a 42-year-old man has died after a fire in his family's camper.
DAVIDSON — Authorities in Tillman County say a 42-year-old man has died after a fire in his family's camper.
Tillman County Sheriff Bobby Whittington says Geronimo Rodriguez died in the Wednesday morning blaze. The sheriff tells a local newspaper that Rodriguez was asleep in the camper trailer when it caught fire at about 4 a.m. Wednesday.
The sheriff says Rodriguez's parents were also asleep in the camper, but they were able to escape without harm. Authorities say the parents were unable to rescue their son because the fire spread quickly.
The state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, but the sheriff says it appears to be accidental.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims