Daytona International unveils plans for upgrade
He said that new structures would give the Speedway a chance to focus on improving the fan experience.
This would not Daytona's first renovation. In past years, the speedway has upgraded the infield, garages and the club areas.
For now, the project will be put on the back burner until after the Daytona 500 on Feb. 24.
"I hope to have something more creative in (late) February and I have to get in front of our senior management later in 2013 and hopefully at that point I will know cost because that's when I have to ask for approval," Chitwood said. "Then I will have more details about the timing."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction