Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3968Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3633OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Dazzling hair adds special touch to holiday outfits
BY Linda Miller | Published: December 10, 2012
Lemonds loves the look of a French twist because it's classic and beautiful, but it's probably best left to the expert. Other looks such as braids, buns and ponytails can be beautiful, too, she said.
“For an evening out, a far side part for a ponytail looks more sleek, classic and chic, and it never goes out of style,” Lemonds said. Try it with bobs and shorter styles.
Soft, sexy waves that smack of old Hollywood are also popular these days. Lemonds said hot rollers can help achieve this style. “Anytime you have wave, it's a curl brushed out.” A retro style may require some practice, and plenty of hair spray.
Time for teasing
Other styles to consider: Women with pixie cuts can add a little Halle Berry edge and tousle by using pomade. A short bob can be slicked back and tucked behind the ears. A half-up do can be teased on top for volume and lift.
Stylists said most hairstyles will benefit from a bit of teasing.
If you desire a super easy yet festive update, reach for a hair accessory. Even a messy look accented with a crystal clip or bejeweled bobby pin ups the style quotient, Lemonds said.
“Simple, classic looks are very achievable, they're easy to do, and most are not going to frustrate you,” Lemonds said.