DB Rolle, Giants ready to show some more fight
"Otherwise, you'll keep going downhill."
The third-year player, slowed by a sore back last week, said everyone just needs to work harder, and listen to the coaches. Especially with the Saints coming to town. New Orleans is not what it used to be, clearly. But the Saints handled the Giants, 49-24, last season. Saints quarterback Drew Brees has posted four wins in four games vs. the Giants, as well.
But New York knows one thing. Brees won't scramble as much as Washington's Robert Griffin III did on Monday.
"The Redskins got a great scheme going on there, especially with their QB. Playing that option, man, is crazy," Pierre-Paul said. "I think we're one of the best teams that have played it, played it well. But it's a pain. I hate playing it. So, now going up to a traditional offense, we know what we're going to probably get, and it's much easier.
"Having an option quarterback, coming from college, and the kid's fast, man. I'm getting old, you know? It should be much easier this weekend."
Not sure Brees feels the same way. Combined, he threw for eight touchdowns — with no interceptions — in lopsided wins over New York in 2009 and 2011.
"I have all the confidence in the world in this team. And I am sure other players here feel the same way," Rolle said. "We just need to go out there and have that same confidence in ourselves when we take the field, which we do. But we need to go out there and prove it. Talk is cheap.
"We have to go out and play the game."
Rolle laughed when asked what breed of dog the Giants needed to be.
"All dogs bite," he said. "Just need to go out there and play ball. That's it. Save the hugs and kisses for after the game."
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims