Share “Deadly Marlow house fire was accident,...”

Deadly Marlow house fire was accident, Oklahoma fire officials determine

A house fire Saturday morning in Marlow that left two people dead has been determined to be accidental by Oklahoma state fire officials.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: May 21, 2014 at 6:59 pm •  Published: May 21, 2014
Advertisement

— Authorities have determined the cause of a Saturday house fire that killed a woman and young girl.

The fire claimed the lives of Courtney Seymour, 25, and Rebel Womack, 2, about 3:50 a.m. Saturday in Marlow, according to state fire officials.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, said Sam Schafnitt, spokesman for the state fire marshal’s office.

Authorities reported there was an electrical malfunction near the front of the house.

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.